The first thing I do as I run away from the city commotion and murky air and arrive in a natural landscape is to take a deep, deep breath! I take a moment to inhale all the fragrances around me, identifying the different sources of these unique, lively smells. My lungs and nose are thankful for this treat, instead of being exposed to the dull and filthy urban smells; they receive a boost of vitality from the natural fragrances all around.
A similar thing occurs when I use the dōTERRA essential oils. These small bottles of 5 or 15 milliliters contain the very essence of nature in them. A friend of mine recently introduced me to them and I received my first kit and have begun to discover a whole range of uses applying the wide variety of essences to diverse therapeutic objectives.
Here you can find more information about these interesting bottles of charm.
What is dōTERRA?
dōTERRA® International, LLC produces and distributes exceptionally high quality CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils. Their offer includes 42 single oils and 19 blends Each essential oil is subjected to strict standards of purity and potency as well as a sequence of thorough testing. Additionally, they offer other products that are naturally safe, effective, and infused with CPTG® essential oils, including personal care and spa products, nutritional supplements, and healthy living products.
You can consult their stock and offers here.
What does Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® (CPTG) mean?
Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils represent the safest and most beneficial oils available in the world today. For an oil to be CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade the oil must be:
- Pure and natural, with aromatic compounds carefully extracted from plants
- Free from fillers or artificial ingredients; no dilution of active qualities
- Free of contaminants, pesticides, or chemical residues
- Rigorously tested for standards of chemical composition
- Cross tested using mass spectrometry and gas chromatography to ensure exact purity and composition potency
- Sourced by a global network of leading essential oil chemists and growers to ensure correct species, growth in ideal environments, and that raw plant materials were carefully harvested at the right time
My experience with essential oils
Being a yoga practitioner and teacher, I am deeply drawn towards empirical knowledge. I always encourage my students to question, test and try things from their own perspective and I also do the same with my practice and every new thing I try.
My first pack of essential oils is my very own experiment kit, I love reading the recommendations and I am slowly learning about the diverse usage instructions of each fragrance. So far I must admit I am thrilled with the results!
My favorite uses so far are:
- Combining peppermint an lemon essences for a refreshing mouthwash first thing in the morning
- A drop of lavender for a wonderful, restful sleep
- Mixing frankincense with my face moisturizer to liven up my facial skin
- Rubbing a drop of melaleuca after washing my hair to condition and maintain skull health
- Combining slim & sassy to rub into my skin with my favorite body lotion for healthy skin and especially around “problem areas” related to liquid retention and cellulite
- Taking a deep breath over the peppermint bottle to wake up and feel invigorated
So far this has been my brief experience but I still have many more fragrances and uses to explore.
As this journey moves on, I will continue to share new discoveries and experiences with you and if you are interested in dōTERRA essential oils, don´t hesitate to contact me for questions or requests.